DIRECTOR– Jack Woods
PLOT– Two couples on a double date stumble across a crazy hillbilly, with an eccentric sense of humor, in a long lost state park cave. He guards a Satanic book. Unknown to them, the park ranger is Satan himself and he wants his book back.
5 REASONS TO WATCH–
- Groovy Marsha Brady hair
- Groovy Marsha Brady outfits
- Groovy Marsha Brady Satanic rituals
- Evil park rangers
- WKRP in Cincinnati
- Dennis Muren was the special effects artist (and uncredited director) for this extremely low budget film. He went on to win an Oscar for his work on Star Wars.
- A young Frank Bonner plays “Jim” in the film. You may recognize Mr. Bonner from his iconic role of “Herb Tarlek” from the 70’s hit TV show WKRP in Cincinnati.
- Ed Begley Jr. was the cameraman for the film.
- Dennis Curren started the film as a college project. It took 2 1/2 years to finish.
CONCLUSION– It’s a fun look back at the wild hippie generation of student films. Also, there’s some very good claymation work and filmmaking techniques like forced perspective. Throw in a creepy old man in a cave that has the best cackle in film history, and you’ve got a fairly decent, if slow in parts, movie.